A to Z Listing of Databases
The Victoria Public Library subscribes to a variety of online resources for your information, education and entertainment. With just a few exceptions, all resources are accessible from home using your library card.
- Resources with the label "(VLC)" following their description require a valid library card for remote access
- Access to resources with the label "(CR)" following their description is also based on your county of residence
- Britannica General Reference
Online encyclopedia entries, magazine articles, images, and videos for all ages. (VLC)(CR)
- Britannica Kids Reference
An online encyclopedia resource for kids in grades Kindergarten through 12th. (VLC)(CR)
- Britannica Young Adult Reference
An online encyclopedia resource for designed for middle- and high-school students. (VLC)(CR)
Access a free digital copy of the Texas DMV Handbook (Manual del Conductor de Texas 2020 en línea) take practice tests for the general knowledge test and more.
- Explora Elementary (in-library use only)
Resources for students grade 6-12 looking for articles, books, videos and images for elementary and middle school student research.
- Explora High School (in-library use only)
Resources for K-5 students looking for articles, books, videos and images for middle and high school student research.
- Explora Public Libraries (in-library use only)
General research resources for articles, books, videos and images.
- Gale OneFile: Health and Medicine
Created specifically for students, knowledgeable consumer health researchers, and health care professionals, Gale OneFile: Health and Medicine is the perfect resource for up-to-date information on the complete range of health care topics. With more than 2,500 embargo-free, full-text periodicals, reference books, pamphlets, and hundreds of videos demonstrating medical procedures and live surgeries.
- Learning Express Library
Academic, civil service, General Education Diploma (GED), Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB), U.S. citizenship, professional and certification practice tests and skill building for all ages. (VLC)(CR)
- Legal Forms (Gale)
State-specific (and multi-state) legal forms. Includes real estate contracts, wills, premarital agreements, bankruptcy, divorce, landlord tenant and many others. (VLC)(CR)
- Mango Languages
Learn over 70 world languages, take more than 20 English as a Second Language (ESL) and English Language Learner (ELL) courses. (VLC)
- Newspapers.com The Texas Collection Archive viewer is a powerful tool that lets you explore a newspaper page in close detail, clip a page or article and print, save or share what you find.
- NICHE ACADEMY provides ready-to-use tutorials for the most commonly-used library digital resources and databases. These video and text tutorials are maintained and kept current by Niche Academy staff. Tutorials cover popular Victoria Public Library Resources such as OverDrive, Libby, Hoopla, Chilton's, Ancestry Library Edition and many more.
Search 7 databases containing scholarly journals, books, videos & audio, dissertations & theses, newspapers, and more.
- Science Online
This database has hundreds of science experiments covering a variety of topics and skill levels. (VLC)
- SUPE - Substance Use Prevention Education
SUPE stands for Substance Use Prevention Education; our goal is to educate people through online technology about the dangers of drugs and alcohol.
SUPE is an interactive drug education platform for individuals of all ages. It is free to use and has a large selection of resources that include:
- Videos for Kids and Teens
- Interactive Activities to Reinforce Learning
- Helpful Articles for Parents, Teachers, & Aging Adults
- Resource for all Members of the Workforce
- Information for First Responders
For middle school and high school students. Examples of included material:
- Classic literature
- Enhanced eBooks with full audio narration and highlighted text
- Graphic novels
- National Geographic videos
- TexShare Databases
Databases for a variety of uses including: (VLC)
- Academic journals
- Business information
- Homework help
- Job and career development
- Popular magazines
For grades Kindergarten through 6th. Examples of included material:
- Animated, talking picture books
- Books in Spanish and French
- Graphic novels
- National Geographic videos
- Non-fiction books
- Read-along chapter books
- Value Line Research Center (in-library use only)
Provides publications covering stocks, mutual funds, options and convertible securities as well as special situation stocks. (VLC)