Ancestry Library (in-library use only) provides genealogical coverage of the United States and the United Kingdom, including:
- Census records
- Church records
- Collections of records from Canada and other areas
- Court records
- Immigration records
- Vital records
Contains approximately 4,000 databases including key collections such as:
- American Genealogical Biographical Index (over 200 volumes)
- Daughters of the American Revolution Lineage (over 150 volumes)
- Federal Slave Narratives
- The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England, 1620 to 1630
- The Map Center containing more than 1,000 historical maps
- Social Security Death Index (updated monthly)
- A strong Civil War collection
- U.S. Federal Census images and indexes from 1790 to 1930
- World War 1 Draft Registration Cards
Heritage Quest can be used to search and use data from the U.S. Federal Censuses from 1790 to 1930, more than 22,000 full-text family and local histories, and the Periodical Source Index (PERSI), a subject index of 6,300 local history and genealogy periodicals.
The database also includes Revolutionary War pension and bounty-land-warrant application files, as well as the Freedman’s Bank Records, an important resource for African-American genealogical research.
Additionally, there are more than 250 primary-source documents such as tax lists, city directories, and probate records.