This checklist provides an overview of the requirements set out by Article III of Chapter 14 of the Victoria City Code and the 2021 International Fire Code.
- "No Smoking" sign posted near the order window.
- Fire Extinguishers; Five pound-2A10BC and a K-Class extinguisher if cooking/frying.
- Commercial Kitchen Suppression system (inspected/tested semi-annually) or, A steel baffle (minimum 8 inches high) between fryers and surface flames of adjacent appliances, and a positive closing lid for any fryer. NOTICE EFFECTIVE JANUARY 31, 2023 Commercial Kitchen Suppression Systems will be required.
- Name of the business on two sides of the vehicle.
- Main shut off valves for fuel gas (i.e. propane) on the exterior of the unit, accessible, and easily operated.
- Propane appliances meet requirements of UL, CSA, CGA, AGA, and/or ETL.
- Gas piping system has been tested in accordance with Texas Railroad Commission Rules.
- Electrical wiring in conduit and run in an approved manner (junction boxes, conduit, etc).
For additional information, please contact the Victoria Fire Marshal’s Office at 361-485-3460.